If you plan to sell your home this fall, there are five points you should keep in mind:
1. We’re still in a strong seller’s market. A balanced market is one which has six months of available inventory, yet our current market has just three months’ worth of supply right now. In other words, sellers currently have a strong advantage.
2. It’s important not to overspend on updating your listing. Doing some home improvements before you list can help you earn top dollar, but not all projects will be worth the investment. Partnering with your agent to determine which updates will bring the best ROI will be essential.
3. The more people who see your home, the better. Don’t limit the number of showings you take on.
4. Fairly priced homes will see the best results. With that in mind, make sure you don’t overprice your home. Even in a strong seller’s market, overpricing can extend the time your listing sits on the market and ultimately lose you money.
5. Hiring an agent to help with your sale is crucial. Trying to sell your home on your own would be a huge mistake. Only professional agents have the knowledge, experience, and resources necessary to achieve optimal results in our market.
If you have any other questions or would like more information, feel free to give us a call or send us an email. We look forward to hearing from you soon.